SOCMA is dedicated to specialty chemical manufacturers, distributors and affiliated service providers.
We bring more than 90 years of world-class support uniquely tailored to enhance the operational excellence of our members through networking and educational forums, public policy advocacy and regulatory compliance assistance, and our ChemStewards® environmental, health, safety and security (EHS&S) management program designed for U.S.-based manufacturers.
Since 1921, SOCMA has represented a diverse membership of small, medium and large chemical companies located around the world. Collectively, SOCMA members are key drivers to a successful economy, contributing $24 billion annually to the U.S. GDP. Our members play an indispensable role in the global chemical supply chain by producing intermediates, specialty chemicals and ingredients used to develop a wide range of industrial, commercial and consumer products, essential to the well-being and lives of people everywhere.
Benefits of Membership Include:
- SOCMA only member discounts for InformEx exhibits
- Free profile on SOCMA's Marketplace and Chemical Services Directory – InformEx exhibitors who are NOT SOCMA members are eligible for a discount. Continue your InformEx presence by promoting your products and services to the SOCMA community year round!
- Commercial networking opportunities at SOCMA meetings
- Representation on Capitol Hill & inside regulatory agencies
- Free access to SOCMA regulatory compliance webinars
- Assistance in identifying plant site security vulnerabilities
- For U.S.-based chemical manufacturers, enhanced EHS&S compliance through our flagship program ChemStewards®. Our new ChemStewards® Management Portal helps our members save time and money by having all program materials and related EHS&S documents located in one centralized, web-based repository.
- The Chemical Operator Training Program provides extensive material to help your employees become informed, knowledgeable and safety-conscious chemical operators.
- PMNPro® services help you efficiently file pre-manufacture notices (PMNs) with the EPA for new chemicals being introduced into the U.S. – Download Brochure!
- Press Relations Services, including discounted access to SOCMA’s PRNewswire service.
- And many more benefits await you as a SOCMA member!